5 Things: Bridal Stylist Edition
Hey you guys! I wanted to share some of my thoughts and tips to all my readers who are tying the knot! Coming from the greatest source... myself, duh!
- Okay you're ready to go on the big shop for your big day! If you know and understand your style, great, but I would still encourage you to come in with an open mindset. Don't get so stuck on the look "" you want to give your guests and followers. Focus on what looks good on you and your shape... and follow your heart!
- Limit the opinions.. aka... the people! I say bringing your closest and dearest four family/friends is the best thing for you and your train of thought! If you decide to bring more folks, communicate to them that YOU will only listen to YOU and you're bringing them for the memories, not their opinions.
- Fit is def key... MAJOR KEY ALERT!! #DJKHALED lol But, not everything on that day is going to fit you perfectly. You have to visualize and maintain a positive attitude while trying on multiple dresses. Hopefully you'll be paired up with an amazing stylist and he/she can walk you through sizing and the correct fit of each dress.
- Custom and made-to-order mean two different things! Custom means that the dress is customized to you're measurements that the stylist takes before ordering. So the other option? Made to order is based on your measurements and paired up with a specific size based on each designers size chart! So don't expect it to fit perfectly when the dress arrives.
- Okay, now the moment has come and you purchased your dress! Insert dancing emojis! Delete your Pinterest and DO NOT stalk other girls in your dress you chose.. why? Because everyone has a unique body shape and therefor the dress will fit everyone a bit differently. This dress is for you and you only. It's like a man... after you found the one, stop looking elsewhere!!
Happy shopping ladies :)